95 Points - James Halliday
An elegant mix of a full range of red and black fruits; medium-bodied, with delicious silky mouth feel; 70% Shiraz/20% Cabernet Sauvignon/10% Merlot.
100 Points - Robert Parker "My notes essentially read the same every year, even though the bottlings are non-vintage and I taste the most recent releases. Consistency and greatness are the norm at this Rutherglen winery. The average age is 7-10 years for the regular cuvees, about 70 years for the grand cuvees, and the ancient rare cuvees date back to soleras from 1890. The Muscadelle (Tokay) reveals caramel, toffee, fig, prune, raisiny notes, an incredible, unctuous texture, and amazing zesty acidity which keeps it from being cloying. It is redundant to keep repeating the same tasting notes, so readers will have to take my word for it ... this is one of the world’s most remarkable dessert wines, and is worth every effort to latch on to a half bottle or so."
95-96 Points - James Suckling
This has phenolic tension and power with so much dried fruit character from pineapple to mango. Full, medium sweet and lively. Really excellent.
94 Points - Neal Martin
I enjoyed this wine from barrel and just after bottling. Under blind conditions it really shows its quality. It has a very attractive bouquet with notes of blackberry, cigar box, raspberry leaf and a touch of sandalwood - quite complex and nicely defined. The palate is medium-bodied with fine acidity. There is real density here, caressing in the mouth but full of vigour and breeding. Long and tender towards the finish, this is a lovely wine.
Exclusive to The Vinorium
97+ Points - Stuart McCloskey "A stupendous Pinot Noir from Devotus, which is getting better and better with each passing week. Wonderful aromatics of plums, spice, sour cherry, petal, cedar and warm earth. The palate is medium-bodied, tensile, layered, incredibly balanced with fine, grained tannins. The sweet entry is adorable which would lead most to the wrong conclusion; this is a regal, fine-boned Pinot Noir executed perfectly by a supremely skilled winemaker. Furthermore, a wine which happily outshines any Burgundy at this price level. My advice is that fans seeking energy, quality, and a laser-like focus should flock to this fabulous wine. Only 2,502 bottles produced. Served using Zalto Burgundy glassware."
This terroir is superbly situated between Beausejour Duffau and Beau-Sejour-Becot, with Angelus within shouting distance. Predominantly Merlot (96%) with Cabernet Franc making up the remaining 4%. Modern, full-bodied, dense and brooding. Black fruits dominate the palate, incredibly pure and high but ripe, well-integrated tannins.
95+ Points - Jeb Dunnuck (robertparker.com) "Much more mineral driven than the La Serenne release, the 2013 Syrah la Cote Rousse comes all from Red Mountain and is always 100% Syrah. Like the other Syrahs here, it saw 11 months in barrel and won't be released until the fall of 2015. Exhibiting lots of blackberry, black raspberry, graphite, smoke and crushed rock, it's beautifully concentrated, has top-notch purity of fruit and a great finish. I love its mid-palate density, and while it has a lot of tannins, they're nicely integrated into the body of the wine. Give it 2-3 years in the cellar and enjoy bottles through 2033. It should be one of the longest-lived Syrahs in the vintage."
95 Points - Neal Martin
The 2011 Rieussec, a blend of 95% Semillon, 2% Sauvignon Blanc and 3% Muscadelle is an absolute dream. There is wonderful precision and mineralité on the nose, the new oak more integrated than a few months ago. The palate is beautifully balanced with clear honey, brioche and pralines, a sensual Rieussec that is utterly charming, hints of nougat and almond lingering on the long finish. Gorgeous!
98+ Points - Stuart McCloskey
Predominantly a blend of Marsanne with roughly 20% Roussanne from the l’Ermite, Les Rocoules, Maison Blanche and Peleat lieux-dits. Stunning viscosity – so rich on the palate with a smörgåsbord of flavours ranging from white peach, orange marmalade, honeysuckle, honeyed citrus oil and all supported with extraordinary precision. Truly one of the world’s greatest wines.