95-96 - James Suckling
This is a very powerful Petit Mouton with so much rich fruit and power. Full-bodied, tannic yet polished and long. Muscular for the second wine of Mouton.
Zalto Denk-Art Bordeaux Glass
Due to further lockdowns in Austria we are experiencing extended delays with our Zalto orders.
We are currently expecting our next delivery to arrive July/August 2021.
The Zalto Bordeaux glass is recommended for weightier style reds, probably our most widely used glass when tasting in house, this glass is great for many different wines. The large bowl helping aerate and soften tannins whilst accentuating the wine's depth and concentration. The Bordeaux glass is the ideal choice for Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Zinfandel, Bordeaux or Rhône style blends and many other red wines. Surprisingly, it is also the glass of choice for oaked Chardonnay, the shape of the bowl accentuating the balance of ripe fruits and oak.
Arguably one of the most famous properties in Bordeaux is Château Mouton Rothschild, situated in the Pauillac region of Bordeaux. The château was originally called Château Brane-Mouton, but in 1853, Nathaniel de Rothschild changed the name to Château Mouton Rothschild. In the 1920s, it was one of the first châteaux to bottle on the estate, instead of shipping their harvest abroad.
Château Mouton Rothschild has a tradition of using famous artists of the day to design their eye catching labels – Examples include Picasso, Dalí, Kandinsky and more recently Jeff Koons and Anish Kapoor.
The château’s vineyards are mainly planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (around 80%) with the other 20% comprising of Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot. Wines from this château are classically intense and full of powerful aromas often being called “Flamboyant” by critics and in tasting notes. Since 1993, the château has also produced a second wine, Le Petit Mouton.
Bordeaux is not only the most famous wine producing region in France but in the world, with the most prestigious châteaux and wines in the industry. Its history dates back to the Roman times and today is the largest producing region of fine wines. Vineyards in Bordeaux are known by châteaux and therefore the name of each individual château is an important brand.
Many top wines are sold ‘En Primeur’ meaning that they are sold in the barrel prior to bottling. Almost 90% of the wine produced in Bordeaux is red (called ‘Claret’ in the UK) from over 8,500 producers. The main reason for the success of the wine production in Bordeaux is the perfect combination of climate, with long hours of sunshine ideal for ripening the grapes and well-draining gravel soil. Appellations are an important part of the Bordeaux culture and the region has 54 appellations recognized by the AOC, the Appellation d’Origine Controlle.
Please login to add a review.
0 of 0 reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.