Château Pedesclaux is a 5éme Cru Classé Pauillac estate and was created by its namesake, Pierre Urbain Pedesclaux in 1810. The family were already well established in Bordeaux as Negociants when they decided to take on the role of wine makers at the estate, having purchased vineyards from the Grand Puy estate in Pauillac. The family eventually sold the estate in 1891 to Count Gastebois after which it passed through numerous owners hands until 1950, when Lucien Jugla (who had worked at the estate for 20 years) managed to purchase it with a plan to restore the property and vineyards after years of neglect. His children took over the reins in 1965 continuing the restoration and modernisation of the estate until 2009 when the Pedesclaux family sold to Jacky Lorenzetti who already owned Château Lilian Ladouys in St Estephe. Since purchasing the estate, a new, modern style of vineyard management started to take place including de-budding, de-suckering, de-leafing, crop-thinning and hand-harvesting . Laser optical sorting was introduced in 2009 and in 2011 a new label was introduced to accompany the significant increase in quality produced at the estate. Earlier this year, Château Pedesclaux finished a complete renovation and modernisation of both the Château and the wine-making facilities with quite the wow factor.