General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Z&B Vintners Ltd is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our customers and is referred to as we / our / Z&B Vintners Ltd in the in the following policies.
Z&B Vintners Ltd uses your personal information as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Information”) in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We will not ask your consent whenever you intend to submit Information via the Website.
- Cookies in themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user's computer.
- Our web-servers may automatically store the following Information about you: your ISP, your IP address, your web browser type and version, the number of colours your screen is displaying, your operating system, the URL you clicked to get to the Website. This Information is stored only to make the Website operate more efficiently.
- You do not have to provide any Information in order to use the Website. Access to certain sections and features of the Website is dependent upon the provision of Information and without that Information Z&B Vintners Ltd may be unable to provide such access or features. You may be asked to provide the following Information in the course of using the Website:- name, address, email address, credit card details and contact telephone number.
Browsers can be adjusted to prevent acceptance of cookies or notify the user on receipt of cookies. If your computer is unable to accept cookies, the Website will operate but not so efficiently.
- Our website uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- Cookies used by our website are used on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
Cookies we use
|ASP.NET_Session Id and idp cookie||This cookie allows our web server to respond to your actions on the website such as "Add to basket" or browsing the website. The website wouldn't work for you without it.|
|basket||This cookie stores a key which is used by the server to load your shopping bag. The shopping basket wouldn't work without it.|
|wishlist||This cookie stores a key which is used by the server to load your wishlist. The wishlist wouldn't work without it.|
|_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmx, _utmxx, _utmz, _hj||These cookies enable our analytics services provided by Google and Hotjar to work. This helps us to take visitor information such as browser type, mobile or desktop devices, commonly viewed pages and more. This helps us to improve our website and shopping experience. The data stored by these cookies never shows any confidential information.|
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you create an account via our website.
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products and services, or redeem vouchers on the phone, in our shop or on our website.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but do not have (or do not use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- By creating an account online and / or by signing up to our email mailing list you are agreeing to have your data stored with us.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you create an account via our website we will collect the following information - your name, billing/delivery address(s), order history, email address and telephone number. For your security, we will also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us online, for example items viewed or added to your basket and online conversations using our chat service.
- Your reviews of our wines.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How do we use your personal information?
- To supply goods and/ or services as requested by you including such transfer of Information to employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose.
- For administration purposes.
- To manage any registered accounts that you hold with us.
- To contact you electronically about our latest products, offers and services.
- We may transfer its business assets (which include Information) on sale or merger of any part of its business.
How long will we keep your personal information?
- Whenever we collect or process your personal data we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose of which it was collected.
Sharing your information with third parties – keeping your information safe
- We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties, for example delivery couriers and direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications to you and our merchant provider for fraud management. Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any other third thirty, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
- Here is the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy -
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
How we protect your data?
- We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures to enforce this include –
- Encryption of data.
- Regular penetrating testing of systems.
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your data.
- Security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from unauthorised access and attacked from external sources.
How to best protect yourself and your personal information
- To protect yourself when sending us sensitive information, please ensure that you use devices running supported operating systems that are regularly patched, and incorporate some form of malware protection. Only connect your devices to networks that you trust.
- If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you have completed your online session.
- Keep your account passwords private. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access your online account, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. You agree not to share that password with anyone else.
- When creating passwords, use at least 8 characters – a combination of letters and numbers is best and avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- The right of access - you have the right to ask for a copy of all personal data that we hold about you.
- The right of erasure or to be forgotten – you have the right to request that we delete all personal data that we hold about you, where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it.
- The right of rectification – you have the right to ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to object – you have the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using or holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so.
- The right to restrict processing – under the right circumstances you have the right to ask us to restrict processing of data, meaning that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it.
- The right to data portability – under the right circumstances you have the right to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a machine readable format and / or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation.
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below. To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice and if you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
- This policy was last updated in May 2018 – any future changes / updates will be posted here.
Enquiries and Contacting Us
- If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them on 0303 123 1113. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.