Social & Environmental Responsibility
Celebrating 10 Years this year, Z&B Vintners has always looked to serve and embrace the local community. At all times we seek to communicate openly and fairly with our suppliers and to ensure that the needs of our customers are being met. These values are ingrained in the very essence of the company and in each and every person that works at Z&B. We are committed to maintaining these values and building on them wherever possible.
Our Philosophy & ValuesZ&B Vintners and The Vinorium are committed to minimising our environmental impact and ensuring that we treat our employees, suppliers and partners in a positive and respectful way. This is not merely because we believe that all modern businesses should act in this way – although, it would be remiss not to accept that reducing a company’s social and environmental footprint makes good economic and commercial sense.
Respecting Our Environment
We care deeply about the environment and do everything possible to protect our planet for future generations. Our policy is to carry out all our business in a way that will lessen or eliminate any adverse ecological effect.
To meet our environmental objectives Z&B Vintners Ltd is committed to:
- Having a virtually paper-less office. We send no printed price lists or catalogues. All our wines are offered by email and on our website. Our invoices are sent by email and customers’ are encouraged to pay online or by bank transfer.
- Initiating measures to prevent and reduce pollution.
- Undertaking a regular review of all our activities with a view to achieving continual improvement in our KPIs.
- Opting for waste reduction, reuse and recycling activities whenever possible.
- Prioritising energy-efficient equipment when making new purchases.
- Taking the environment into account in all major business decisions.
- Reducing air miles and, where possible; encouraging staff to take the train, car share or cycle for journeys within the UK.
- Ensuring that employees work in an environmentally responsible manner.
Our Chosen Charities
(Our Director and now Z&B have been supporting this fabulous charity for over 18 years…)
Founded over 70 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. They work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realise their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Their Mission: Plan aims to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children in developing countries, through a process that unites people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives, by: Enabling deprived children, their families and their communities to meet their basic needs and to increase their ability to participate in and benefit from their societies; Building relationships to increase understanding and unity among peoples of different cultures and countries; Promoting the rights and interests of the world’s children.
(Our Director and now Z&B have been supporting this fabulous charity for over 17 years…)
The Charity raises money to enable Great Ormond Street Hospital to provide world-class care for its young patients and their families and to pioneer new treatments and cures for childhood illness by: Contributing to the rebuilding and refurbishment of the hospital; Funding the most up-to-date equipment; Supporting research into, and development of, breakthrough treatments; and providing accommodation and other support services for children and their families.